Santa Treat Sacks in the Embroidery Hoop
- Acrylic or Wool Felt, 5”x5”, two
- Sulky Tear-Easy Lightweight Tearaway Stabilizer
- Machine embroidery thread, 40-weight: red, green
- Satin Ribbon, 1/4”, 12” length: red, green
- Embroidery machine with 4”x4” hoop or larger
- Five Star Fonts Embroidery Santa Treat Sack in the Hoop Embroidery Design Set
- Organ 80/12 Sharps Embroidery Needle
- Sulky KK2000 Temporary Spray Adhesive
scissors, cellophane tape
- 1. All designs shown in main image are included in set. Directions apply to all designs.
- 1. Hoop stabilizer and place hoop on machine. Run color 1, which stitches outline of treat sack.
- 2. Lightly spray wrong side of one felt piece with temporary spray adhesive. Place sticky side down in hoop, ensuring it completely covers outline of design.
- 3. Place hoop on machine and run color 2, which stitches felt to stabilizer. Run colors 3 and 4, which stitch the lettering on the design. Remove hoop when color 4 finishes.
- 4. Turn hoop over so BACK of hoop is visible. Lightly spray wrong side of 5”x5” felt piece with temporary spray adhesive. Place felt on back of hoop so it completely covers outline of design. Smooth with fingers to adhere felt.
- 5. Turn hoop to front and place hoop on machine; run final color 5, which stitches the two pieces of felt together by outlining design. Remove hoop from machine.
- 6. Unhoop design and gently tear away all stabilizer from around design.
- 7. Using sharp scissors, trim around design using stitch line as guide, leaving about 1/4” of allowance outside the seam line as shown. Reach inside opening and gently tear away stabilizer inside sack. (Note: It may be easier to turn treat sack inside out to remove all stabilizer.)
- 8. Insert candies, gift card, spools of thread for your sewing friends, etc.
- 9. Pinch top of sack together with fingers and tie with one or two lengths of ribbon that match your sack.
- 1. Santa Treat Sacks In the Hoop Embroidery Design Set includes several different Christmas sayings. Quick and easy, make several in a very short time!
- 1. Felt will dull needles quickly. Be sure to change your embroidery needle often.