Inspiration Unleashed - Christmas Gift Boxes
- Butter Cream Prismatics cardstock
- Patterned (Jillibean Soup): Lentil Soup White Collection Toasted Cumin, Ground Grains of Paradise; Cold Raspberry Kraft Collection Fresh Cherries
- Craft Twinkle Writers (DecoArt):
Christmas Red; Gold
- Heritage Small Round Paper Fasteners (Creative Impressions)
- Bean Stalks Green/Cream Polka Ribbon (Jillibean Soup)
- Cream button
- Acetate sheet
- Craft punches: 1/16” circle (Fiskars); ribbon (Fiskars); corner rounder (Creative
- The Wizard Die-Cutting System
- Nestabilities Nested Pines Die Template (Spellbinders)
- Scor-Pal Scoring Tool (Scor-Pal)
- Adhesives: Zip Dry Paper Glue
(Beacon Adhesives); 3-D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)
Tree Window Gift Box
- 1. Cut 6”x12” Fresh Cherries strip. Score along 12” edge at 1/2”, 1-3/4”, 6-1/4” and 7-1/2”. Turn paper a quarter turn and score along 6” edge at 1-1/2” and 5”.
- 2. Die cut Nested Pine from 3-1/2”x4-1/2”
box front panel, being sure treetop is
near 1-1/2” score line. Set die-cut tree
aside for use on Tree Tag Gift Box. Cut
acetate to fit behind window opening;
adhere edges with paper glue.
- 3. Cut away 1/2”x1-1/2” and 1/2”x1” sections. Cut each score line from top 12" edge of paper to 1-1/2” score line and from bottom 12" of paper to 1” score line. Fold box on scored line.
- 4. Use paper glue to adhere side tab first. Fold in bottom flaps and adhere. Fill box with candy. Fold top side flaps corner to corner, like a milk carton, right sides together. Bring front and back tabs together with folded side flap between them. Punch two tiny holes through all layers near top corners of flaps; insert paper fasteners.
- 5. Use ribbon punch to punch two slots
in center of box top. Tie ribbon through
holes and trim ends in a “v” shape. Tie
hemp through button; adhere button to
bow center with foam square.
- 6. Cut thin red/white checked strips and glue around top and bottom of box. Outline tree window with gold dimensional paint; let dry.
Tree Tag Gift Box
- 1. Use red and gold dimensional paints
to decorate die-cut tree from Tree
Window Gift Box as shown; let dry.
- 2. Cut 8-1/2”x11” piece of cardstock. Score along lines shown in Fig. 1. Cut away portions of scored panels, leaving piece that resembles gray area shown in Fig. 1. Clip cardstock on lines between all top and bottom blocks. Fold box on scored lines.
- 3. Use paper glue to adhere side tab “E” to inside of panel marked with “X”; let dry. Fold in bottom panels “A” and “B”, followed by “C” and “D”; adhere tabs to secure. Use corner rounder to punch corners of flaps “F” and “G” and fold in; fold lid “H” down.
- 4. Cut green striped paper to 3-1/4”x11” and red check paper to 2”x11”. Layer papers and adhere with paper glue; adhere around box.
- 5. Tie ribbon around box below checked
paper. Adhere tree die cut to box with