The 12 Tags of Christmas
- Cardstock, 12”x12”: Ruby Slipper,
Leapfrog, Rainforest (Bazzill Basics); White (Wausau Paper)
- Sheer red ribbon
- Red eyelet
- Brads: small gold, three; jumbo silver, one
- Stamps* (Penny Black Inc.): Poinsettia Edge; Christmas Color; Snow Scroll; Good Wishes
- Ink pads: Memento Cottage Ivy dye, Encore Ultimate Metallic Gold
pigment; VersaFine Black Onyx pigment (Tsukineko); Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Clear embossing powder (Tsukineko)
- Tombow markers (Tombow USA): Dark
Jade (177); Port Red (757); Saddle Brown (977); Chrome Yellow (985)
- COPIC Spica glitter pens (Imagination International): Gold; Red; Green
- Red Sharpie marker (Sanford)
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Yellow; Christmas Red
- Inkssentials tools (Ranger): Non-
Stick Craft Sheet; Cut ‘N Dry Foam; Mini Misters; Heat it Craft Tool
- Terrifically Tacky Tape (ProvoCraft)
- Eclipse Art Masking Tape (JudiKins)
- Tools (Making Memories): Ribbon Punch, 1/4”; Anywhere Hole Punch; Eyelet Setter; Hammer
- Coluzzle Oval Template (ProvoCraft)
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut Tag Box pattern from Leapfrog cardstock. Cut Box Sleeve pattern from Ruby Slipper cardstock. Cut on solid lines; score and fold on dashed lines. Punch holes at dots on box pattern. Do not adhere flaps yet. Set box sleeve aside.
- 2. Use Cottage Ivy ink to stamp Poinsettia Edge along what will become outer edges of box.
- 3. Color silver brad with red marker, heat with heat gun and dip into clear embossing powder. Heat set and dip into powder a second time. Heat set and let cool. Insert brad into one hole in box piece. Set eyelet in opposite hole.
- 4. Tie small ribbon loop and insert
through eyelet from back to front; tape
ends to secure. This creates a tab to
- 5. Fold and adhere box flaps, hiding ribbon and brad ends inside end flaps. Set box aside.
Sleeve Side Panels
- 1. Ink Poinsettia Edge with markers and mist with water. Stamp on white cardstock; cut to 1-1/4”x5-1/4”. Repeat.
- 2. Working on non-stick craft sheet, ink foam piece with Antique Linen and sponge around edges of stamped strips to age cardstock. Designer Tip: Working on craft sheet allows inked foam to move more easily across cardstock.
- 3. Ink strip edges Ultimate Metallic Gold. Outline strip with gold glitter pen. Mat strips on Rainforest cardstock cut to 1-3/8”x5-3/8”.
- 4. Accent all images with glitter pens and glitter glues; let dry.
Sleeve Top Panel
- 1. Use black ink to stamp Christmas Color on white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Cut to 3-3/8”x5-1/4” with image at left side as shown.
- 2. Use oval template to cut a mask from Eclipse tape about same size as image. Place mask over image. Working on non-stick craft sheet, sponge Antique Linen ink over entire panel.
- 3. With mask still in place, use Antique Linen to stamp Snow Scroll repeatedly over cardstock, re-inking after each impression. Ink panel edges Ultimate Metallic Gold. Remove mask. Outline panel with gold glitter pen.
- 4. Color image with markers. Mat on Rainforest cardstock cut to 3-5/8”x5-1/2”. Accent image with glitter pens and glitter glues; let dry.
- 5. Stamp black sentiment on white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Cut to 1-1/2”x2”. Sponge edges Antique Linen; edge Ultimate Metallic Gold. Mat on Rainforest cardstock cut to 1-5/8”x2-1/8”. Adhere sentiment to upper area at right side of poinsettia panel.
- 6. Use ribbon punch to punch a hole through panel at top of sentiment piece.
Tie ribbon around panel through hole.
- 7. Punch three holes below sentiment piece. Color gold brads with red marker
and insert in holes. Slightly tap backs of brads with hammer to create smooth,
- 1. Adhere stamped side and top panels to flat sleeve, using scored lines as placement guide; side with small flap
will be bottom of box.
- 2. Apply doublesided tape along small flap and adhere to inside edge of folded sleeve. Slide box into sleeve.