Sophisticated Swirls Ornament Pair
- Cardstock: red; green; ivory
- Chipboard circle, 1-1/4”
- Green faceted beads (Darice)
- Small adhesive pearls, four small and one medium (KaiserCraft)
- Tiny gold rhinestones, seven (Darice)
- Gold craft wire, 26-gauge
- Red satin ribbon, 1/8”-wide
- So Swirly stamp set (Stampin’ Up!)
- VersaMark ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Metallic gold embossing powder
- Anti-static embossing bag
- Heat tool
- Circle punches: 1/16”; 1/8”; 1”; 1-3/8”
- Adhesives (Glue Arts): Glue Glider Pro with Perma Tac Adhesive; High Tack Adhesive Squares; Wall Art Décor Adhesive; Crop & Glue™ Micro Adhesive Squares
- 1. Follow adhesive manufacturer’s instructions throughout.
- 1. Cut 6-3/4”x12” red cardstock panel;
rub with anti-static embossing bag. Using VersaMark ink, stamp tree image 12 times in two rows, alternating position. Cover ink with embossing powder and heat set until raised and shiny.
- 2. Hand-cut five large and five slightly smaller flower petal shapes from embossed cardstock, one per tree. Punch 1-3/8” circle from one remaining tree. Set pieces aside.
- 3. Use adhesive dispenser to cover backside
of chipboard circle with Perma Tac Adhesive. Arrange and adhere large petals, points out, to back of circle.
Cover front of chipboard with more adhesive; arrange and adhere smaller
petals. Add additional adhesive over
petal ends as needed for secure bond.
- 4. Punch 1” green cardstock circle; adhere over flower center using High Tack Adhesive Squares. Apply several more squares to top of circle and adhere green beads to surface. Use Perma Tac Adhesive to adhere embossed circle punched in Step 2 to center back of flower.
- 5. Punch 1/16” hole in top petal. Bend and twist wire through hole to create hanger. Add two beads to wire and twist to secure. Bend wire into hook shape.
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Trace pattern, and one additional individual triangle, onto a sheet of ivory cardstock; cut out pieces. Set aside triangle pattern piece as cutting template.
- 2. Rub red cardstock with anti-static embossing bag. Using VersaMark ink, stamp tree image four times in alternating directions. Cover ink with embossing powder and heat set until raised and shiny.
- 3. Repeat Step 2 to stamp and emboss a second sheet of ivory cardstock.
- 4. Using template, cut four red triangles and four ivory triangles from embossed
- 5. Using Wall Art Décor Adhesive, adhere ivory triangles to large ivory star as indicated on pattern. Press small adhesive pearl to each embossed
- 6. Adhere red triangles over ivory as indicated using same adhesive;
Wall Art Décor allows re-positioning,
- 7. Cut 2-3/16” green cardstock square. Stamp and emboss square with gold snowflake and adhere to center of star using same adhesive. Press medium adhesive pearl to center of snowflake.
- 8. Press gold rhinestones to Micro Adhesive Squares and adhere to red embossed star tips, except top one, and to corners of green square.
- 9. Punch 1/8” hole in star tip and tie
ribbon through hole for hanger.