Paper Stars Wreath
- Grapevine wreath, 15” across
- White cardstock
- Wired silver double-ball sprays, nine
- Color Touch Gold spray paint (Sherwin-Williams)
- Americana acrylic paints (DecoArt): Splendid Gold; Shimmering Silver
- Dynasty Black Gold paintbrushes (FM Brush Co.)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (ILovetoCreate, formerly Duncan Enterprises)
- Stylus or dull pencil and straight edge
- Print and cut out pattern. Cut nine stars from cardstock.
- Spray paint wreath and three stars Gold; let dry. Paint three stars Splendid Gold and three stars Shimmering Silver; let dry.
- Turn stars face down on work surface. Using stylus or dull pencil and straight edge, trace over lines shown on
pattern. Press firmly to score cardstock. Turn stars over. At each line marked “fold 1,” fold star point in half to create a “mountain” fold; fold should come up toward you. At each
line marked “fold 2,” pinch cardstock at back side of star to create a “valley” fold that points away. Crease lines firmly.
- Glue stars to wreath, alternating colors as shown; let dry. Wrap silver ball sprays around wreath between stars.
- 1. Create coordinating grapevine garland for your mantle. Nestle a few thick vanilla pillar candles among the vines on top.
- 2. Coat each star with spray glitter, or detail with glitter glue, for extra dazzle. Turn extra stars into ornaments!
- 3. For a more rustic look, add kraft stars and red berries to a pine wreath.
- 4. For a wintry look, spray paint wreath white, add metallic blue and silver stars, and accent with crystal berry sprays.