Stitched Holiday Card
- Cardstock: white, red chevron textured, light green Swiss dot textured
- Ribbon, red, 2” length
- Silver brad
- Contrasting all-purpose thread
- VIVO by SINGER Create & Repair Machine
- Ornament Punch, 1-1/2”
paper trimmer, ruler, scissors, pencil
- Cut 8-1/2”x5-1/2” red cardstock rectangle; score at 4-1/4” to make 5-1/2”x4-1/4” top-fold card.
- Cut 2-1/2”x3-1/2” white cardstock panel and 2-1/4”x3-1/4” light green cardstock panel. Notch bottom edge of white and green cardstock to create flag shape as shown.
- Punch ornament into green cardstock as shown.
- Lay green flag on top of white and lightly mark position of ornament opening.
- Cut 2” length of ribbon. Position ribbon in center of marking.
- Set VIVO Create & Repair Machine for straight stitch. Thread top of machine and bobbin with all-purpose thread in color that contrasts cardstock. Carefully stitch top and bottom of ribbon in place. (Note: The presser foot will guide cardstock evenly while stitching.)
- Backstitch at beginning and end of stitching to help secure thread in place. (Note: Backstitching is done by reversing a few stitches on top of machine stitches at beginning or end of a line of machine sewing.)
- Open card and lay flat. Position both flags flush to top edge of card fold as shown; sew straight stitch at 1/4” and 3/8” from scored fold line across top of flags.
- Remove card from machine. Trim thread tails.
- Pierce hole for brad placement in center of ornament ribbon; insert brad. Re-fold card.
- 1. The more slowly you sew, the more control you will have guiding the cardstock while stitching.
- 2. Want to learn more about the VIVO by SINGER Create & Repair Machine? View a video at youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ix5uvls5ND8 for helpful information and other basic sewing information.