Thanksgiving Cone Favors
- Black cardstock, 12” square (for two)
- Construction paper, scraps: beige, red, black
- Black chenille stem
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Black embroidery thread, small amount
- Red rubber bands, two (or embroidery thread)
- Black brad
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- White opaque marker
- Pink chalk
- Glue stick
scissors, ruler, cotton swab, cardboard scrap, black marker
- For each cone, cut black cardstock square in half from corner to corner, creating two triangles. Fold triangle into cone shape. Fold points over on inside. Punch hole through folded points and insert black brad, bending ends on inside.
- Print and cut out pattern. Trim face if needed. Adhere face on cone. For nose, cut 1/2” or 3/4” circle from beige paper. Adhere nose on face. Adhere eyes above nose. Lightly apply chalk on cheeks. Use black marker to draw mouth and highlight face.
- For braids, wrap embroidery thread around cardboard scrap about 10 times. Use separate piece of thread to tie off one end. Cut through loop on opposite end. Separate thread into three bundles and braid together. Secure end with red rubber band. Repeat for other braid.
- For headband, cut red paper strip. Adhere headband above face. Use white marker to add zigzag lines on headband. Adhere braids on sides of headband.
- For hat, measure and cut 3/4”x5” black paper rectangle. Adhere rectangle on cone above face.
- For handle, punch holes on opposite sides of cone. Insert chenille stem end through holes, bending ends on inside.
- 1. Use white marker to write guest names on cones and position on plate on dinner table for a great place marker. Fold and tuck napkin inside cone.