- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls: 5”, 6”
- Coordinating orange plaid shirts, two
- Pumpkin stems, two
- Wooden bamboo skewer
- Hot glue gun and sticks
serrated knife, wax candle, scissors, straight pins, butter knife
- Run serrated knife across wax candle. Trim off top of foam ball to form pumpkin shape. Gently and evenly press down on ball to flatten bottom.
- Using skewer, form grooves from top to bottom of pumpkin. Make section widths irregular to resemble real pumpkins.
- Cut one plaid shirt apart along seams. Working one section at a time, cut out material pieces from shirt to fit pumpkin sections. Using butter knife, press material into grooves; secure with pins hidden deep in grooves. Continue, covering all pumpkin sections. (Note: Keep plaid pattern vertical on all sections.)
- Hot glue pumpkin stem to top of pumpkin.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 with second foam ball and shirt.
- 1. Pumpkin stems are easy to find at your local garden center, nursery, or pumpkin farm. They are also available online.