Pumpkin Glove Centerpiece
- Clay pot
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam* Balls (Dow), 1", five
- Orange stretch glove
- Green thin floral wire
- Brown chenille stems
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Felt: black; green
- Black acrylic paint
- Spanish moss
- Low-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- White craft glue
- Wooden skewer
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Basecoat clay pot black. Let dry.
- Insert 1" ball into tip of each finger of glove.
- Wind a small length of green floral wire around glove just under ball.
- Stuff remaining glove lightly with small bits of fiberfill stuffing. (Note: Do not overstuff.)
- Gather cuff together with thumb folded over towards middle. Hot glue glove cuff to bottom of clay pot.
- Place a bit of Spanish moss down around glove and pull pumpkins up a bit so they stretch up out of pot. Curl some chenille stems and place in Spanish moss.
- For pumpkin stems, cut 1" lengths from chenille stems. Use wooden skewer to poke small hole in top of each pumpkin head. Apply glue to stem ends and place in holes and into STYROFOAM balls. Shape stems as shown.
- Cut leaves from green felt. To shape leaves, glue opposite corners of base of leaf together. Glue leaves to pumpkins as shown.
- Cut desired jack-o-lantern faces from black felt and glue to pumpkins.