Clay Pot Elf Ornament
- Clay pot, 2-3/4” tall
- Wooden plug (nose), 1/4”
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Base Flesh; Lamp Black; Country Red; Titanium White; Dark Chocolate
- Green felt
- Green ribbon, 1/8”
- Red jingle bells, five
- White craft foam scrap
- Aqualon Brushes (Royal & Langnickel): Glaze/Wash, Series 2700, 3/4”; Script, Series 2585, 10/0; Wisp, Series 2735, 1/2”
- Sewing needle
- Green thread
- Cotton-tip swab
- Optional: Doll needle, 5”; drill with 1/8” bit; Woodsies Circle (Loew-Cornell), 1”; pony bead (any color)
- Drill hole in center of 1” circle. Glue
circle to inside bottom of clay pot.
- Print and cut out patterns. Cut hat and band shapes from green felt. Form hat by overlapping side edges of hat piece just enough to form cone. Glue side edges. Cut heart from craft foam.
- Paint entire pot, wooden plug and foam heart Base Flesh.
- Use liner and Lamp Black to freehand smile line. Use cotton-tip swab to blush cheeks Country Red. Use stylus or paintbrush handle to dot eyes Lamp Black. Use liner and Lamp Black to paint eyebrows and ear details. Add tiny Titanium White dots to eyes and nose.
- Use wisp or comb brush and Dark Chocolate to add hair for bangs, sides of face and back of head.
- Glue band around rim of pot and sew on jingle bells as shown. For ears, cut heart shape in half. Glue ears and
nose to head as shown.
- Cut off low hanging point from bottom edge of hat to make even circle. Snip points around bottom edge of hat. Place hat on head and position seam in back; glue. Bend hat point over to back and secure with glue if needed. Sew remaining jingle bell to hat. Snip small hole in middle of folded edge of hat.
- Cut 0” length from ribbon, tie center of length around pony bead and knot to secure. Thread ribbon ends through eye of doll needle and thread up through bottom of clay pot, hole in circle and through snipped hole in hat. (Note: Pony bead keeps thread from loosening.) Tie ends to desired length.