Clay Turkey Sitter
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: White, Gold, Chocolate Brown, Red Hot Red, Orange, Yellow
- Feathers, small amount
- Black seed beads, two
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Craft glue
toothpick, ruler, spray sealer
- Preheat oven to 275ºF. Condition clay by running it through clay conditioning machine several times.
- For body, roll 1” Chocolate Brown ball; form bottom into teardrop shape. Slightly flatten bottom so turkey will sit. Insert toothpick into top of teardrop shape.
- For head, roll 1/2” Chocolate Brown ball; insert onto end of toothpick in body. Roll two 1/8” White balls; form into teardrop shapes (eyes). Press eyes on head; press black seed beads on center of eyes. Roll 1/4” Yellow clay ball; form into triangle shape (beak). Roll two 1/8” Orange clay balls; press on either side of beak (cheeks). Roll two tiny Chocolate Brown balls; form into comma shapes (eyebrows). Press beak, cheeks, and eyebrows on face. Roll tiny balls of Red Hot Red for hair comb, wattle, and heart. Form shapes using photo as guide and press on face and body.
- For feet, roll two 1/2” Orange clay balls; form foot from each. Roll small Orange balls (legs) and press onto body. Press foot on each leg ball. Use toothpick to draw indentations on each foot.
- Insert feathers into back of body; remove feathers and set aside.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake turkey on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool.
- Reinsert feathers into poked holes on body; spot glue to secure. Let dry.
- 1. Apply sealer on all areas of turkey to ensure year after year use.