Sparkling Holiday Gift Pails
- Metal paint pails, 8” diameter, three
- Americana*: Acrylic Paints: Dark Chocolate; Marigold; Primary Red; Snow White; Napa Red; Burnt Orange; Black; Winter Blue; Sapphire; Honey Brown; Celery Green; Light Avocado; Milk Chocolate; Cadmium Yellow; Fleshtone; Light Buttermilk; Multi Purpose Sealer; Dura Clear Satin Varnish; Star Lite Topcoat
- Dazzling Metallics Elegant Finish
Paints*: Splendid Gold; Festive Red
- Acrylic brushes
- Small roller brush
- Freezer paper
- Clean rag
- Clean buckets with equal parts mix of vinegar and water. Dry thoroughly. Cover work surface with freezer paper
and tape corners. Use small sponge roller to apply sealer to bucket fronts,
from seam to seam. Print and cut out patterns.
- For snowman, use small roller brush to
paint bucket Dark Chocolate. While paint is still wet, load same brush with
Marigold and apply randomly to bucket,
creating a background texture. Transfer
main pattern to bucket. Paint: snowman
Snow White; hat and scarf Napa Red;
jingle bell Splendid Gold; eyes and
buttons Black; nose Burnt Orange;
twig arms Dark Chocolate; bird Primary
Red with Black eye and Marigold beak.
Shade around snowman and all areas with Dark Chocolate. Apply Star Lite Top Coat to buttons. Outline design with Black. Apply varnish.
- For penguin, use small roller brush to paint bucket Winter Blue. While paint is still wet, load same brush with Sapphire and apply randomly to bucket, creating a background texture. Transfer main pattern to bucket. Paint: penguin Snow White and Black; eyes Black; beak
Marigold; earmuffs Festive Red. Shade
penguin’s face Milk Chocolate. Shade
around penguin with Sapphire Blue.
Apply Star Lite Top Coat to earmuffs.
- For angel, use small roller brush to paint bucket Celery Green. While paint is still wet, load same brush with Light Avocado and apply randomly to bucket, creating a background texture. Transfer main pattern lines to bucket. Paint halo Splendid Gold; highlight Cadmium Yellow. Paint hair Honey Brown;
highlight Marigold. Paint face Fleshtone
and eyes Black. Use cotton-tip swab
to apply blush to cheeks. Paint collar
Snow White. Shade hair, face and collar
with Milk Chocolate. Paint wings Light
Buttermilk. Shade around wings with
Light Avocado. Brush Star Lite Top Coat over wings. Outline with Black.