Barbecue Gift Basket
- Red cotton dishtowel, 18”x28”
- Tan cotton fabric
- Recycled tea tin
- Glass quart jar with lid
- Cardstock: red; kraft; black; off-white
- Patterned papers: off-white script
(Graphic 45); brown gingham
- Black gingham ribbon
- Gold mini eyelets, two
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Lamp Black
- Rubber stamps: tiny alphabet; Sitting Piggy (Stamps of America); script background
- Simply Foam Stamp (Plaid):
Ornamental Scroll Work
- Black pigment ink pad
- Black fabric ink pad
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Marvy Paper Punches (Uchida):
Scalloped Circle, 3”; Circle, 2”
- Tools: hole punch; eyelet setter; paper trimmer; sanding block
- Lite Steam-A-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
Barbecue Sauce Jar
- 1. Paint lid Lamp Black. Apply varnish and sand to distress.
- 2. Cut apron from red cardstock. Cut 2-1/2”x3-3/4” rectangle from black cardstock and glue to apron bottom. (Note: Apply glue to bottom, left and right edges only to create pocket. Cut 2-1/4”x3-1/2” rectangle from patterned
paper and glue to apron bottom on black
cardstock. Cut a 2”x2-1/2” rectangle from black cardstock and 1-3/4”x2” rectangle from kraft cardstock. Glue kraft rectangle to black rectangle.
- 3. Use pigment ink to stamp “Pork BBQ Sauce” on one short end of kraft cardstock. Punch scalloped circle from kraft cardstock and small circle from off-white cardstock. Stamp pig on off-white circle and glue to kraft circle.
- 4. Punch holes at top of apron; attach eyelets. Cut two 5” lengths from ribbon. Thread ribbon ends through holes and knot ends for apron strap. Tie
remaining length around label and knot
in center. Glue apron to glass jar. Glue
pig to front of apron. Use rubber bands
to secure items while drying. Place card
- 1. Stamp script background on kraft cardstock and trim to fit sides of tin.
Cut black cardstock to fit lid. Cut kraft cardstock slightly smaller than black cardstock. Glue papers to tin.
- 2. Stamp “bbq” around edges of kraft cardstock. Punch scalloped circle from kraft cardstock and small circle from off-white cardstock. Stamp pig on off-white circle and glue to kraft circle. Glue circles to lid.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to
fuse webbing to back of tan fabric; trim
- 2. Use fabric ink to stamp script background, scroll and pig on fabric as shown.
- 3. Fold towel into three panels with left and right edges facing inward and fuse fabric to center. Machine sew zigzag stitch around edges of tan fabric.
Barbecue Gift Basket