French Country Flowerpot & Towel
- Clay pot, 10” tall
- Natural cotton dishtowel
- Cotton fabrics, 1/8 yd.: red gingham; beige script; black/white dots
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): French Vanilla; Country Red
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Black seed beads, 11/0
- Embroidery floss: black; white
- Manuscript Background rubber stamp
- Black pigment ink
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Beading needle and thread
- Embroidery needle
- Paint bottom of pot French Vanilla and lip Country Red. When dry, lay pot on surface and stamp, rolling stamp across pot. Repeat by lining up stamp with previous image until pot bottom is
covered with manuscript.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse webbing to back of fabrics. Use
scallop-edge scissors to cut 4-1/2” oval
from red gingham, and regular scissors
to cut 4” oval from script fabric. Print and cut out pattern. Cut rooster from black/white dot fabric. Fuse ovals together and rooster to script fabric.
- Use three strands of black floss to blanket stitch edges of rooster and oval. Sew seed bead to each scallop.
- Glue oval to center of pot.
- For towel, repeat Step 2. Fuse ovals to towel and repeat Step 3. If desired, use black floss to blanket stitch bottom of towel edges.
- 1. Use rooster pot as a gift basket and fill with gourmet treats.