Halloween Tag Decor
- Prim Tags (Coyote Woodwords), three
- Americana Acrylic Paints*: Antique
White; Lamp Black; Traditional Burnt Umber; Primary Yellow; True Ochre; Burnt Orange; Cool White; Plantation Pine; Citron Green
- Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint*:
- Black satin ribbon, 1/4”
- Martha Stewart Crafts Yellow/Gold
Glitter (EK Success)
- Crystal Twinkles*
- Aqualon paintbrushes (Royal &
Langnickel): Flats, Series 2150, #4, #6, #12; Angular Shaders, Series 2160, 1/4”, 1/2”; Round, Series 2250, #4; Liners, Series 2595, #0, #1; Bringle Blender
- Spoolie Brush (Royal & Langnickel)
- Sea Wool Sponge (Royal & Langnickel)
- Foam Brush (Royal & Langnickel), 1”
- Multi-Purpose Sealer*
- Americana Acrylic Matte Spray Sealer*
- Black permanent drafting pen, .01
- Sanding block
- Use foam brush to apply a light, even
coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer to tags.
Let dry and use #12 flat to basecoat
fronts Antique White. Let dry and use
fine side of sanding block to sand. Wipe
dust and basecoat again in same color.
Repeat same method to paint back of
tags Lamp Black.
- To apply color texture, place small amount of Traditional Burnt Umber on a flat palette or ice cream lid. Moisten sea wool sponge in clean, warm water and squeeze out excess water, leaving sponge fairly moist. Lightly dip
moistened sponge in paint and use a circular motion on palette to load sponge. Test for darkness for a lightly
mottled medium shade. Sponge front of tags. Lightly sponge back of tags Champagne Gold.
- Print and cut out patterns. Lightly transfer basic pattern lines to front of each tag.
- Use #6 flat to paint checks around each tag Lamp Black.
- Use #6 flat to paint pumpkins True Ochre and Burnt Orange. Use 1/4” angular shader to shade inside creases of each pumpkin with Traditional Burnt Umber. To highlight orange pumpkins, use dry Bringle Blender and Primary Yellow. Lightly dip dry brush into paint and use a back and forth motion on a clean, dry piece of paper towel to remove excess paint from brush. Lightly apply what is left to bottom rounded sections of each orange pumpkin. Start at bottom edge and fan out lightly. Use same method to highlight True Ochre pumpkin with Cool White. Let dry and use 1/4” angular shader to shade creased areas once more with Traditional Burnt Umber.
- Trim twigs and insert around sunflowers for added interest.
- Use #4 flat to paint hats Lamp Black. Use 1/4” angular shader to highlight edges of one side of each hat and along brims with Cool White. Use 1/2” angular shader to shade lightly around outside of each pumpkin shape with Traditional Burnt Umber.
- Use #1 liner to paint stem on yellow pumpkin with Plantation Pine tipped in Citron Green.
- Use #0 liner to paint facial features on pumpkin Lamp Black. Highlight eyes, nose and open mouth with small stroke of
Primary Yellow. Use stylus to randomly
dot hats and around top areas of
pumpkins with Champagne Gold.
- Use pen to trace lettering.
- Apply two light coats of acrylic matte sealer to tags, letting dry between coats.
- Use #4 round to apply comma stroke of
Crystal Twinkles. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter.
- For hanger, thread ribbon through hole; knot ends.