Autumn Inspiration Wall Hanging
- 25-count Evenweave (DMC), 12”x18”
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss in colors listed on chart (DMC)
- Iron-on interfacing, 11”x17”
- Lining fabric, 9”x14-1/2”
- Bell pull hardware
- Tapestry needle (DMC), #24
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Fold Evenweave in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- Using two strands of floss and working
over two threads, cross-stitch design centered on Evenweave.
- Use one strand 918 to backstitch lettering, and one strand 938 for remaining backstitching and French
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply interfacing to wrong side of stitching. Trim 1-1/8” from stitching along sides and bottom and 3” from
stitching at top.
- With wrong sides together, sew evenweave
to lining fabric along sides and
bottom edges. Turn right side out. Press top raw edges under 1/4”. Tack open edge closed.
- Fold top edge under 1-1/4”. Stitch 1” from folded edge to create casing for bell pull hardware.
- 1. Use 1/4” seam allowance throughout.