Loopy Bloom Tree
- Papier-mâché cone, 3-3/4”x11”
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Jellybean Green, Smooth White, Electric Red, Kraft
- My Favorite Things Jellybean Grosgrain Ribbon
- My Favorite Things Hemp Cord
- Pin, 3”
- Clear rhinestones
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Loopy Bloom, Christmas Ornaments, Star STAX
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Christmas Ornaments Stamp
- My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Premium Dye Ink Pads: Electric Red, Jellybean Green, Berrylicious
- My Favorite Things MIX-ables Sheer: Shimmer Mist, Sparkle Glitter Glaze
- Adhesives: hot glue gun, liquid glue, glue dots, foam squares
paper trimmer, scissors, pins, paintbrush or paper piercer
- 1. Cut 20 Loopy Blooms from Jellybean Green cardstock.
- 2. Cut 16 ornaments from Smooth White cardstock (four of each shape) and 16 ornament toppers from Kraft cardstock.
- 3. Cut six mini tags from Kraft cardstock and six mini tags from Smooth White cardstock.
- 4. Cut 12 small poinsettias from Electric Red cardstock.
- 5. Cut two of second largest Star STAX from Smooth White cardstock.
- 1. Cut each Loopy Bloom die-cut in half lengthwise.
- 2. Using thin paintbrush or paper piercer, curl bottom edge of Loopy Blooms upward.
- 3. Hot glue length of Jellybean Green ribbon along bottom edge of papier-mâché cone.
- 4. Apply bead of hot glue above ribbon and begin to adhere curled Loopy Bloom halves. Adhere Loopy Blooms row by row. Do not overlap Loopy Blooms within each row. Trim die cuts as needed using scissors. Adhere each successive row of Loopy Blooms directly above previous row. Continue in this manner to within 1/2” of cone top.
- 5. Push pin through top of cone and hot glue small piece of Jellybean Green ribbon around cone top.
- 1. Stamp and embellish ornaments as desired using Christmas Ornaments Stamp Set, clear rhinestones, and MIX-ables Glitter Glaze. Adhere ornament topper to each ornament and tie small hemp bow to each topper.
- 2. Stamp sentiments on mini tags and adhere rhinestone to each tag.
- 3. Adhere rhinestone to center of each small poinsettia.
Tree Topper Assembly
- 1. Score each Star STAX die-cut from each point straight across star.
- 2. Fold stars on score lines to form three-dimensional star.
- 3. Spray stars with MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist; let dry.
- 4. Stack several foam squares together and adhere to center back of one star.
- 5. Push pin through center of stack of foam squares as shown.
- 6. Remove liner from top foam square and apply small amount of liquid adhesive to back points of other star.
- 7. Line these two stars up and adhere together. Apply small amount of pressure to points until glue dries.
Decorating The Tree
- 1. Adhere ornaments, tags, and poinsettias to tree as desired using hot glue gun.
- 2. Gently insert star assembly into top of tree.
- 1. Make different size trees for a stunning Christmas display.
- 2. Try making a tree using felt Loopy Bloom die-cuts.