Vintage Pocket Ornament
- Winter White 25-count Evenweave
(DMC), 7”x7”, two
- Lining fabric, 6”x12”
- Cameo Heart (#112214) (Mill Hill)
- 6-strand Satin Embroidery Floss in colors listed on key (DMC)
- Ecru braid, 1/2”, 3/8 yd.
- Ecru beaded gimp trim, 1/4 yd.
- Iron-on interfacing, 7”x7”, two
- Tapestry needle, #24 (DMC)
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon
- To find center of Evenweave, fold in half and in half again opposite way.
Mark center with contrasting thread.
- Use two strands of satin to crossstitch
and one strand Rosemary Green to backstitch design centered on one piece of Evenweave.
- Apply iron-on interfacing to wrong side of stitching and remaining piece of Evenweave; trim to 6”x6”.
- With right sides together, sew beaded trim to bottom edge of stitching.
- With wrong sides together, sew front to back along sides and bottom edges for form pocket. Turn right side out. Press raw top edge under 1/4”.
- Tack ends of braid over seams at top edge.
- Fold lining in half, right sides together. Sew along side edges. Press raw edge under 1/2”.
- Insert lining into pocket, wrong sides
together. Tack lining to pocket around
- Glue heart charm to center of stitching.
- 1. Use 1/4” seam allowance throughout.