Hens & Eggs Jar Lamp
- Clear pint jar
- Lamp kit
- Lamp shade
- Light bulb
- White Painted Wooden Hen Eggs (Lara’s Crafts), three
- Paints (DecoArt): Americana Acrylic: Milk Chocolate; Honey Brown
- SoSoft Fabric: Christmas Red; Crimson; Antique Gold; Brown; White; Lamp Black
- Raw Sienna ink pad (Palette)
- Red baby rickrack
- Red/white gingham ribbon
- Toothbrush (for spattering)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Print and cut out pattern. Place design inside lamp shade, holding shade up to a light and lightly trace with pencil. Repeat on opposite side of shade. Use ink pad to shade dark areas around design. Loosely cover shade with ink, making vertical swipes with ink pad.
- Basecoat one hen Lamp Black; outline details White. Basecoat remaining hen White; outline details and paint both beaks Antique Gold. Paint legs Antique Gold; shade Brown. Paint crowns and wattles Christmas Red; shade Crimson. Eyes are dip dots of White with smaller
dip dots of Black for pupils.
- Glue rickrack trim to top and bottom edges of shade. Use toothbrush and water-thinned Milk Chocolate and Honey
Brown to spatter paint eggs, if desired.
- Follow kit manufacturer’s instructions
to assemble lamp and tighten fittings.
Fill jar with a handful of excelsior,
rolled loosely into a ball. Place eggs in excelsior. Attach jar lid, light bulb and shade. Tie ribbon around jar.