Special Treasures Card
- Wausau Paper White cardstock
- Canson watercolor paper
- Making Memories Mini gold brads, two
- Offray Cranberry grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”-wide
- Penny Black, Inc Stamps: Love Is The Message (4023K); Special Treasures (3629E)
- Tsukineko VersaFine ink pads: Crimson Red; Onyx Black
- Tsukineko Rhubarb Stalk Memento Marker
- Embossing powder: Tsukineko clear; JudiKins Sticky Stuff
- Art Institute Glitter, Inc. Ruby Red microfine glitter
- Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz
- Soft paintbrush
- Adhesives: double-sided tape; 3M Scotch Brand Dimensional Foam Tape
heat tool, paper piercer, foam mat, and ruler
- Make white card base. Cut 3-1/2”x5” watercolor paper panel. Mist with Shimmer Spritz; let dry.
- Place panel on foam mat. Pierce evenly-spaced border around panel. Edge panel with red marker; adhere to card. Designer Tip: Use unthreaded sewing machine to create border more quickly.
- Stamp crimson heart onto white cardstock. Sprinkle image with Sticky Stuff powder; tap off excess. Heat powder slightly until “sticky”; do not overheat or powder will cure beyond tacky stage. Sprinkle image with red glitter; tap off excess. Heat image to set glitter. Brush away loose glitter.
- Detail cut heart; adhere to card with foam tape.
- Stamp black sentiment onto white cardstock; heat emboss with clear powder. Trim to 1-1/8”x2-1/2”; edge with red marker. Pierce hole at each end of sentiment; insert brads.
- Cut 3-1/2” ribbon length. To prevent fraying, turn ends under 1/4” and secure with tape. Tape ribbon to back of sentiment; tape sentiment to card.