- Wichelt Imports 28-count Hand-Dyed Clay Jobelan
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: colors listed on chart, 310
- Orange backing fabric, 4”x4”
- Pres-On Mounting Boards: Foam, Flat
- Batting, 3”x3”
- Mill Hill Petite Glass Seed Beads: Autumn Flame (42033), Black (42014)
- Ribbonandbowsohmy.com Orange Organza Cord Necklace
- Oliviapearldesigns.com Glue-On Square Bail
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- Half Cross-stitch: >1 strand
- Petite Stitch: >2 strands
- Straight Stitch: >1 strand
scissors, ruler, needle, q-snap or hoop (optional)
- Cross-stitch pumpkins and stems centered on fabric over two strands using two strands of floss. Backstitch letter “B” using one strand 721 Orange Spice-MD. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Cross-stitch over letter “B” using two strands. Backstitch pumpkin vines using one strand 987 Forest Green-DK. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Straight stitch and cross-stitch border using 310 Black. Straight stitch birds using one strand of 310 Black.
- Attach Black beads for pumpkins’ eyes, noses, and mouths using one strand 310 Black and half cross-stitch. Attach Autumn Flame beads on border using one strand 721 Orange Spice-MD and half cross-stitch.
- Measure and cut 2”x1-3/4” rectangles from foam and flat boards. Trim around stitched design leaving 2” border. Position batting on top of foam board. Ease design fabric to back side of board; adhere in place using fabric glue. Trim design fabric if needed. Position square bail on top edge of boards, so square is sandwiched between boards. Adhere boards together using fabric glue. Let dry.
- Trace around rectangle on backing fabric; cut out. Adhere backing fabric onto back of design using fabric glue. Let dry.
- Form two piles of six strands of 310 Black. Twist two groups together forming cording. Adhere cording around edges of design, covering glued seam. Cut ends. Let set overnight.
- Attach square bail onto ribbon necklace.
- 1. For pumpkin noses, attach bead with half cross-stitch going both ways so bead will lie straight.