Frightfully Fun Frames
- Photo frames with glass: 8”x10”, two; 5”x7”
- Ribbon: polka dot print, 3”-wide, 1 yd.; black grosgrain, 1/2”-wide, 16” length
- Die-cut machine and alphabet dies
- Adhesive-backed vinyl
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paints: Pumpkin Orange, Black, Purple; Black Granite Make it Stone!
- Krylon Paint Pens: Black, White
- Hot glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler, craft knife, newspaper (to cover work surface), large cardboard box
- Remove glass and backing materials from all frames. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (or in large cardboard box), spray frame Black Granite. Let dry.
- Use die-cut machine and alphabet dies to cut out “Trick”, “or”, and “Treat” from adhesive-backed vinyl. Remove words from vinyl rectangles creating stencils.
- Position and adhere stencils on center of glass with “or” on 5”x7” glass sheet and words “Trick” and “Treat” on 8”x10” glass sheets.
- Spray “Trick” Pumpkin Orange, “or” Black, and “Treat” Purple. Reapply paint for even coverage. Carefully remove stencils while last coat of paint is still tacky.
- On back side of glass, draw spider web on top corner of “Trick” glass using White paint pen. Continue line of web down “or” and “Treat” glass. Draw spider at end of web line on “Treat” glass using Black paint pen. Let dry.
- Insert glass back into frames leaving out backing materials; bend framing clips back onto glass to secure in place. If necessary, apply hot glue around glass on back of frame to secure. Let set.
- Lay frames upside down on flat surface. Position frames with 1” gap between them. Cut black ribbon into 4” lengths. Adhere ribbon to back side of frames linking them together using glue gun.
- Cut 18” length of polka dot ribbon. Hot glue ends of ribbon to top corners of frame creating loop. With remaining ribbon, tie bow around center of loop.
- 1. If die-cut machine is not available, freehand draw saying and cut from vinyl using craft knife.