- Naturally Caron.com Spa (75% Microdenier Acrylic/25% Bamboo; 3 oz./85 g., 251 yd./230 m. skein), 4 oz.: Naturally (A); Misty Taupe (B); Berry Frappe (C); Green Sheen (D)
- Crochet hook, Size H-8 (5mm), or size needed to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
- 1. In wave pattern, one repeat and 8-1/2 rows = 5”/12.5cm. (Note: Gauge is not critical for this project.)
- 1. Fsc: Foundation single crochet (This technique creates a foundation chain and a row of single crochet stitches at the same time.)
- 2. Step 1: Place a slip knot on hook, ch 2, insert hook in second ch from hook and draw up a loop; yarn over and draw through one loop on hook (the “chain”); yarn over and draw through 2 loops on
hook (the “single crochet”).
- 3. Step 2: The following stitch is worked under the forward 2 loops at the base of the previous stitch (into the “chain”). Insert hook into the face of the “chain” and under the nub at the back of the “chain”, draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through one loop on
hook (the “chain”), yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (the “single crochet”). Repeat for the length of foundation.
- 4. FPsc: Front Post single crochet—Insert hook from front to back and to front again around post of indicated st; yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through both loops on hook.
- 1. To change color; work last stitch of old color to last yarn over, yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stitch. Fasten off old color and continue work with new color.
- 1. Work 2 rows with A, 2 rows with B, 2 rows with C, *2 rows with D, 2 rows with A, 2 rows with B, 2 rows with C; repeat from * 3 more times.
- 1. With A, Fsc 285.
- 2. Row 1 (RS): Ch 5 (counts as dtr), 4 dtr in first st, [dtr in next st, skip next st] 8 times, dtr in next st, 5 dtr in next st, *5 dtr in next st, [dtr in next st, skip next st] 8 times, dtr in next st, 5 dtr in next st; repeat from * across, turn—15 pattern repeats.
- 3. Row 2: Ch 1, FPsc around each st across; change to next color in color sequence in last st, turn.
- 4. Rows 3–38: Continuing in color sequence, repeat Rows 1 and 2 eighteen more times. Fasten off.
- 1. Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.