Sandcastle Brownies Gift Basket
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Spa Blue; Dark Chocolate
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- White Wool Felt (National Nonwovens)
- Natural burlap
- Clear silver-lined seed beads, 6/0
- Rubber stamps: Italic Alphabet (Anna Griffin); Tiny Alphas (Hero Arts)
- Black pigment ink
- Lite Steam a Seam (The Warm Co.)
- RECIPE BOOK:
- Melissa Francis Heart & Home
Hinge Book (Heart & Home Collectibles), 8-1/2”x10”
- Basswood (Midwest Products), 1/8”x1/4” (#4046)
- Sup-R Easy Cutter (Midwest Products)
- Blue/brown damask cotton fabric
- Dark brown embroidery floss
- GIFT JAR:
- Glass quart jar with lid
- Wooden acorn finial, 1-7/8”
- Cardstock: kraft; white
- Natural hemp, 36” length
- Natural jute, 8” length
- Layered jar mix ingredients (see recipe)
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- Gray embroidery floss and embroidery needle
- GIFT JAR:
- Paper trimmer
- 1. Use Sup-R Easy Cutter to cut two 5-1/2” and two 5” lengths from basswood. Paint strips Dark Chocolate and book Spa Blue.
- 2. Cut 4-3/4” square from burlap; gently fray edges. Follow manufacturer’s
instructions to fuse fabric and wool felt to fusible webbing. Cut 4” square from fabric and fuse to burlap. Print and cut out pattern. Cut sand dollar
from white wool felt and fuse to fabric.
- 3. Use floss to blanket stitch fabric edges
to burlap and backstitch center details
to sand dollar. Blanket stitch edges and
sew five seed beads to points of “star” on sand dollar.
- 4. Use italic alphabet stamps to stamp “recipes” on side of book. Glue
strips in square in center and burlap
square to center.
- 1. Paint lid and finial Spa Blue and dry
brush Dark Chocolate. Apply varnish.
Glue finial to lid.
- 2. Cut sand dollar from white felt using same pattern from Recipe Book. Follow Step 3 from Recipe Book to embroider sand dollar. Glue sand dollar to jar.
- 3. Cut 1-3/4”x2-7/8” rectangle from kraft cardstock and 1-1/2”x2-1/4” rectangle from white cardstock. Glue rectangles together as shown. Stamp “sand dollar” and “brownies” on tag. Wrap jute around jar. Wrap hemp several times around top of tag and knot. Use hemp to tie tag to jar.