Beach Cottage Towels
- White waffle weave dishtowels, 16”x25-1/2”, two
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens): White; Navy
- Natural burlap, 9” square
- Clear silver-lined seed beads: 6/0; 11/0
- White embroidery floss
- Beading thread: white; navy or black
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Needles: sewing; embroidery
- Lite Steam a Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Iron and pressing board
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions
to fuse navy and white wool felt to
webbing. Cut two 3-1/2” squares from
navy felt. Use scallop-edge scissors to
trim edges 1/4”. Cut two 1-1/4”x2-3/4” strips from navy felt; scallop edges. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer
shells onto paper side of white fused
felt; cut out. Fuse shells to center of
navy squares. Fold towels as shown.
Fuse squares to center of center panel
and strips for labels to bottom, 1-1/2”
- Thread beading needle with navy or black beading thread. Sew 6/0 seed beads to edges of square, leaving 1/2” space between beads. Thread beading needle with white thread. For sand dollar, sew one bead to center and seven beads on five sides. For starfish, sew 12 beads on five sides.
- Transfer lettering to navy strips. Use floss to backstitch lettering and blanket stitch edges of shells.