Floral Wool Frame
- Unfinished wooden frame in size of choice
- Wool felt scraps, assorted colors
- Coordinating cardstock
- Decorative metal brads, three
- Embroidery floss, assorted colors
- Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer Machine (MMM-001) and Metal Shim (MMM-203)
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Flowers One Dies (MD2-003)
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Shields One Dies (MD1-006)
- Brown dye ink pad
- Cream acrylic paint
- Optional: Fabric paint pens
- Embroidery needle
- Adhesives: fabric glue, craft glue
soft cloth, sanding block, foam paintbrush, foam applicator
- Using foam paintbrush, paint frame cream; let dry.
- Sand frame with sanding block for a distressed looked; wipe with soft cloth.
- Use foam applicator to apply brown dye ink to sanded frame edges; let dry.
- Die cut four Flowers One Dies #2 shapes (with #1 being smallest die template) and five Flowers One Dies #1 shapes from assorted felt using Artisan X-plorer Machine.
- Die cut two Flowers One Dies #2 insert shapes from felt and two Flowers One Dies #1 Insert shapes from cardstock.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions and using photo as guide, assemble flowers and adhere with fabric glue; let dry. Embellish flowers with hand-stitched details using needle and floss, or draw details with fabric paint pens. If using paint pens, let dry. Insert decorative brads into center of large flowers as shown.
- Die cut four Shields One Dies #2 shapes from green felt to create leaves.
- Arrange and adhere assembled flowers and leaves to frame with craft glue as shown; let dry.
- 1. Use Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer Metal Shim when cutting craft felt.