Autumn Splendor Canvas
- Canvas, 8"x10”
- Chipboard shapes: alphabet letters, heart, leaves
- Copper pearl gems
- Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Xyron 3” Sticker Maker
- Acrylic paints: various autumn colors, dark red, turquoise
- Stampendous! Glitter: Copper, Ice Blue
ruler, pencil, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Gather supplies and lay chipboard letters and leaves on canvas to determine placement.
- Run chipboard letters and heart through the 3” Sticker Maker. Lightly pencil a line across bottom section of canvas to align letters; adhere “SPLENDOR” chipboard letters to canvas using penciled line as guide.
- Pencil another line above top of adhered letters; adhere “autumn” chipboard letters using line as guide.
- On covered work surface, paint over chipboard letters and canvas using dark shade of paint, making sure to get in the corners and cracks of letters with smaller brush. Apply several coats until desired effect is achieved. Let dry.
- Paint over entire canvas again with lighter shade and different color of paint. Apply only one coat so some of darker color shows through. Let dry completely.
- Gently brush contrasting color (designer used turquoise) in various places around the canvas to add just small amount of color. Let dry.
- Paint heart dark red; let dry. Adhere heart to letter “D” as shown in photo using Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- Run chipboard leaves upside down through 3” Sticker Maker.
- Sprinkle glitter over adhesive on leaves (designer used Copper color and Copper/Ice Blue combination). Gently press glitter down to ensure it’s completely adhered to chipboard leaf.
- After leaves are covered with glitter, run them through the 3” Sticker Maker again with glitter facing up this time.
- Adhere chipboard leaves to canvas as shown in photo.
- To finish canvas, adhere pearl gems in various places using Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- 1. Run any paper or chipboard shape through the Xyron 3” Sticker Maker twice to make your own glittery embellishments.