Vampire & Witch Masks
- Heavy-duty foam plate, 9” (for each)
- Wooden paint stirrer stick, 12” (for each)
- Plastic-foam ball, 2”
- Cardstock: black, red, white, orange, purple
- Ribbon, 5/8”-wide: black with white cross pattern, orange/white polka dot
- Gold rhinestone, 1/4”
- Green chenille stem
- Wiggle eyes, 3/8”, two
- Acrylic paints: purple, white, red, black, light green, bright green
- Adhesives: Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue, glue stick, tape
scissors, pencil, craft knife, black marker, paper plate (for palette), paintbrush, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On one side of plate, draw in proper eye placement for vampire or witch. Use craft knife to cut out eye openings.
- On covered work surface, turn plate over and paint back of witch’s mask green + touch of white and back of vampire’s mask bright purple + touch of white. Apply two or three coats for even coverage; let dry between each coat. Paint wooden sticks (handles) black. Let dry.
- Print out patterns onto copy paper; cut out. Trace and cut out patterns from cardstock.
- Paint vampire ears purple + touch of White. Let dry. Adhere ears on sides of mask. Paint underneath vampire eyes purple. Let dry. Paint witch’s cheeks bright green and eyelids purple. Let dry. Paint vampire’s tongue red and hair and eyebrows Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Use black marker to draw nose and mouths. Outline eye openings and vampire’s fangs. Adhere fangs inside mouth.
- Adhere white cross ribbon down center of handle for vampire and polka dot ribbon down center of handle for witch. Adhere gold jewel on witch’s nose. Cut several 3/4”x10” purple cardstock strips (for witch’s hair). Adhere hair on either side of face. Add shorter purple strips on top of face for bangs. Let dry.
- Adhere vampire robe and lining together using glue stick. Adhere hat brim on witch’s hat using glue stick. Let dry.
- Use craft knife to cut plastic-foam ball in half (for spider); use one half and set other half aside for future project. Paint one end of ball black and remaining areas purple. Adhere wiggle eyes on black portion. Cut chenille stem into eight equal lengths; poke lengths into sides of ball for spider’s legs. Adhere spider onto witch’s hat using tacky glue. Let dry.
- Adhere mask plates to top of handles. Let dry. Use tape to help reinforce glue if needed.
- 1. Create other spooky characters like ghosts, Frankenstein, or mummies!