Clay Frankenstein Necklace
- Polyform Sculpey III Oven-Bake Clay: Black, Camouflage, Glow in the Dark, Granny Smith, Fuchsia Pearl
- Black rattail cording
- Clay conditoning machine or acrylic roller
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
scissors, needle tool or toothpick, craft knife, wax paper (to cover work surface), cardstock
- Print out pattern onto cardstock; cut out. Roll Black clay to 1/8” thickness on wax paper-covered work surface; cut out base shape for body from Black clay. (Note: Use base shape as bottom layer of pendant and press other shapes on top.)
- Roll skinny ropes of Glow in the Dark clay; press on center of base below head for horizontal stripes on shirt. Roll Camouflage clay to 1/8” thickness; cut out center “square” area from clay for jacket. Use craft knife to cut “v” shape on center of jacket. Press jacket on top of base so shirt stripes show through “v” opening.
- Roll Granny Smith clay to 1/8” thickness. Cut out top “square” shape for Frank’s head. Slightly cut top edge of head on angle. Press head on base above jacket. Roll two small balls of Granny Smith clay; press on either side of head for ears. Use needle tool to add indentation on center of each ear.
- Roll Black clay log and press on bottom of base for feet. Use toothpick to draw line down bottom part of base and onto feet creating leg lines. Roll two 1/8”-thick Granny Smith balls for hands; press onto bottom edges of jacket. Use needle tool to add indentations on hands to look like fists.
- Roll thin Black rectangle and press onto top of head for hair. Cut out triangle for hair part using photo as guide.
- Roll tiny Glow in the Dark balls and flatten (for eyes). Press eyes on face. Roll tinier Black balls and press on eyes. Roll Granny Smith nose and press below eyes. Use toothpick to draw mouth line.
- Add lines on jacket using toothpick and photo as guide. Roll tiny Glow in the Dark buttons; press onto front of jacket. Use toothpick to add button holes. Roll small balls of Fuchsia Pearl and slightly flatten for elbow patches and bow tie. Press elbow patches on arms and bow tie on center “v” cutout between head and jacket. Use toothpick to add stitch lines on elbow patches and indentations on bow tie.
- Use toothpick to carefully poke hole above ears through head. (Note: Designer poked toothpick between base and clay items pressed on top.) Smooth edges and torn clay areas if needed.
- Bake pendant on parchment-line baking sheet in oven following manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool completely. String black cording through hole and tie ends together to wear.
- 1. Sculpey Glow in the Dark clay adds a creepy glow to the eyes and accents on Frank! Create additional bats, ghosts, or other pendants using Glow in the Dark clay.