Tri-Fold Halloween Canvas
- Stretched canvas panels, 8”, three
- Ranger Tim Holtz idea-ology Grungeboard Elements
- Glittered craft foam: purple, gold
- Cardstock: brown textured, orange glittered, assorted green
- Assorted Halloween-themed transparent stickers
- Brass hinges, four
- Fabric, 1/4 yd.
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine and Dies: Word Play, Bird on Branch, On the Fence, Ghosts, Ransom Alphabet; Sizzlits Pumpkin, Vine & Leaf #1, #2; Ranger Tim Holtz idea-ology Alpha Die
- Small leaf paper punch
- Plaid FolkArt Metallic Paints: Amethyst, Blue Sapphire, Peridot, Christmas Green, Sahara Gold, Antique Copper
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress: Black Soot Paint, Picket Fence Crackle Paint; Adirondack Dabber Pearl Acrylic Paint
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fast Finish Decoupage Medium, 3-in-1 Glue; wood glue
screwdriver, needle tool, paintbrush, sponge, scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface), ruler, toothpick
- On covered work surface, sponge paint canvas panels with metallic paints. Apply color to edges and back of panels. Let dry.
- Die cut “Happy Halloween” and “trick or treat” from glittered foam sheets using Alpha die. Die cut ghost shapes and picket fence from Grungeboard. Die cut three branch shapes from brown textured cardstock. Snip birds from branch die cut. Die cut pumpkins from glittered orange cardstock. Punch green leaves for pumpkins from green cardstock. Adhere three bird shapes together, layering to make one thicker bird.
- Paint fence Picket Fence. Let dry. Paint ghost shapes Adirondack Pearl. Apply several coats for even coverage. Let dry. Paint Grungeboard “BOO” Picket Fence. Paint Grungeboard cats, owls, and bats Black Soot. Paint layered bird shape Black Soot. Let dry.
- Use toothpick to add Picket Fence dots on bird and owls for eyes. Dot eyes on cats and bats Christmas Green.
- Adhere two branch shapes together for center canvas. Adhere onto canvas using decoupage medium. Adhere another branch on another canvas using decoupage medium. Let set.
- Arrange pieces on canvases using photo as guide. Adhere die-cut shapes and letters in place. Press transparent stickers in place.
- Apply decoupage medium to all surfaces of canvases and along all edges. Let dry.
- Attach two hinges to each edge of center panel. Make small starter hole with needle tool; dip screws in wood glue and set screws in holes using screwdriver.
- Measure and cut fabric same-size as each canvas panel. Adhere fabric onto back of panels using 3-in-1 glue.
- Adhere green leaves on top of pumpkins for dimensional look. Let dry.
- 1. Experiment with your own dies and embellishments to make an original Halloween scene.