Spooky Kitty Pillow
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Dark Orange, Purple, Black, Chartreuse, White, Gold, Hallow’s Eve, Fuchsia, Buttercup
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Soft Touch Pillow Insert, 16”x16”
- DMC Bright Orange 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- The Warm Co. Steam-A-Seam 2 Double Stick Fusible Webbing
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler or measuring tape, pencil, cardstock scraps, iron and pressing surface, needle, straight pins
- Cut two 15” squares from Dark Orange felt for pillow front and back and one 11” square from Purple felt for background.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse webbing to felt.
- Print out patterns onto cardstock. Trace patterns in reverse on paper liner on fusible webbing; cut out. Remove paper lining from fused-felt pieces; press felt pieces onto Purple felt square using photo as guide. Use iron and pressing surface to adhere felt pieces onto Purple square. Repeat process to adhere Purple square onto pillow front.
- Pin pillow front and pillow back pieces together with wrong sides facing. Hand-sew pieces together using three strands of embroidery floss and blanket stitch, leaving bottom edge open.
- Insert pillow form. Hand-sew bottom edge closed using blanket stitch. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 1. Designer chose pillow insert 1” larger than pillow size to allow for optimal filling.