Happy Halloween Card
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, Orange Fizz
- Glitter paper: silver, black
- Small orange adhesive gems
- Black/orange baker’s twine
- My Favorite Things Stamp Sets: DC Trick or Sweet, DC Spider Web Sentiments, LJD Textile Backgrounds
- Acrylic block, 4”x6”
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Spider Web Die
- Ink pads: My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Black Licorice, Imagine Crafts Tsukineko VersaMark
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam tape, removable tape, liquid glue
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, grid paper, black permanent marker
- Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” orange top-fold card.
- Place card on grid paper to use as stamping guide and secure two sides with small pieces of removable tape to prevent shifting.
- Using watermark ink, stamp card front several times with LJD Textile Backgrounds argyle pattern to cover surface; reposition tape pieces as needed. See Photo 1.
- Using Black Licorice ink, stamp "Happy Halloween" sentiment at bottom of card as shown.
- Cut 3-1/2”x4” white cardstock panel and 3-5/8"x4-1/8" black cardstock panel. Place white panel on grid paper and use Black Licorice ink to stamp text image repeatedly. Adhere layers together and to card as shown.
- Die cut spider web from silver glitter paper; trim section to fit stamped panel. See Photo 2. Do not adhere spider web to card yet.
- Die cut spider from black glitter paper. Adhere orange gems to spider’s eyes using liquid glue; let dry. Dot eyes with black pupils using marker; let dry.
- Cut and adhere baker’s twine to back of spider and top back of spider web using liquid glue; let dry.
- Keeping twine taut, adhere web and spider to card using foam tape. (Note: Remove backing from foam tape on web, adhere to card, and then remove backing from foam tape on spider before adhering to card.)
- 1. Grid paper and removable tape are invaluable in helping to keep stamped backgrounds straight and even.