Have A Merry Christmas Card
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Primitive White, Cotton Candy
- Assorted patterned papers: brown wood-tone, newsprint, pale green, two different medium greens, pink, orange, red, blue
- Light blue peppermint-print grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”-wide
- Pink/white baker’s twine
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Falling Snowflakes, Pierced Traditional Tag STAX, Swiss Dots
- My Favorite Things Sunny Day Doodles Sweet Christmas Stamp Set
- Punches: standard hole punch; small circle punch, 5/8”; WeRMemory Keepers Corner Rounder
- My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC markers
- White gel pen
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear lines, glue pen
paper trimmer, scoring board, detail scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Choose six patterned papers to use to decorate your gingerbread house.
- 2. Cut a 3”x4” panel from each paper, Primitive White cardstock, and wood-tone paper. Stamp each panel with a Black Licorice gingerbread house.
- 3. Detail cut gingerbread house from wood-tone paper and adhere to gingerbread house stamped on Primitive White cardstock, lining it up perfectly. Detail cut door from pink image and scalloped border from green image. For all pieces, be sure to trim carefully around edges; adhere to main image.
- 4. Continue detail cutting each of the different pieces from the assorted patterned papers, adhering each over the correct spot until your house is decorated as desired. Do not cover any areas you’d like to remain white.
- 5. Detail cut outside edge of the paper-pieced house. Use markers to color design as desired. Add highlights with white gel pen.
- 6. Stamp sentiment and peppermint candy on white cardstock. Use markers to color designs as desired. Detail cut sentiment and candy; set aside.
- 1. Make 7”x5” top-fold card from Cotton Candy cardstock. Cut 5”x3” Primitive White cardstock panel; round top corners with punch and die cut panel using Swiss Dots Die-namics die. Adhere panel to center front of card.
- 2. Cut 7”x1/2” strip of green paper and adhere along bottom edge of card front. Round bottom corners of card with punch. Use clear adhesive lines to adhere ribbon around card front over paper seam. Wrap twine several times around card front below ribbon; tie bow at front.
- 3. Die cut pale green paper tag using Pierced Traditional Tag STAX die. Adhere peppermint candy to right side of tag as shown; punch hole for tag through center of candy. Adhere sentiment and gingerbread house to tag. Adhere tag to card as shown.
- 4. Die cut Primitive White cardstock panel using Falling Snowflakes Die-namics die. Use glue pen to adhere individual flakes to card front as shown.
- 1. Add a bit of sparkle to the snow-covered roof and chimney using crystal glitter glue. To give candies a shiny look, color with gel pens instead of markers. Be sure to let everything dry completely.