Extreme Vase Makeover
- Flea market vase with a porous surface, like pottery
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Colors: Wicker White; Fresh
Foliage; Azure Blue; Extreme Glitter: Peridot; Turquoise
- Lasercut stickers: leaves; bees
- Plaid FolkArt: Acrylic Colors in Wicker White, Fresh
Foliage, Azure Blue; Extreme Glitter in Peridot, Turquoise
- Foam paintbrush
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Stir stick
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Rough up surface of vase with sandpaper. Be sure to sand any raised or glossy areas. Wash and dry vase.
- Prime vase with coat of Wicker White paint. Paint inside mouth of vase where it will show. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed.
- When vase is dry, paint it with Fresh Foliage paint. Be sure to paint
inside the vase mouth. Let dry.
Apply second coat if needed.
- Stir Peridot glitter paint thoroughly. Using foam paintbrush, paint vase with coat of Peridot, leaving inside of mouth unglittered for contrast. Let dry one hour.
- Some stickers curl when wet, so test sticker by painting it with Extreme Glitter. Only use stickers that will not curl up. Arrange stickers on surface of vase to create all over pattern. Rub edges of stickers to keep paint from seeping under edges.
- Using foam paintbrush, paint vase Azure Blue. Use dabbing motion rather than brushing technique over stickers so edges do not pull up. Cover entire vase, including inside mouth. Be sure to get paint into all open areas of stickers. Let dry.
- Stir Turquoise glitter paint
thoroughly. Using same dabbing
technique as before, apply coat of
Turquoise to vase. Do not paint glitter inside mouth. Let vase dry for one hour.
- Carefully peel stickers off vase to reveal your makeover magic!