Shooting Star Wall Art
- FloraCraft® Foam Sheet, 1”x12”x36”
- Satin fabric: silver, 1/2 yd.; champagne, 9”x9”
- Yarn: brown glitter eyelash, brown/copper metallic
- FloraCraft® Make it: Fun® StyroCutter® Plus
- Straight pins
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
scissors, pencil, cardstock
- Draw asymmetrical star onto piece of cardstock; cut out. (Note: Widest point of star should be about 9”.) Pin template to foam sheet, about 4” in from one end. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to use StyroCutter® Plus to cut out star from foam. Pierce foam with blade; use template as guide to cut straight edge.
- Measure and cut 40”x16” piece of silver satin fabric. Center satin over foam sheet and wrap around edges as you would a present. Adhere satin on back of sheet using glue gun.
- Clip satin at center of star opening. Trim back satin, adhering it down around inside edges of star to conceal foam. At points of star, pleat satin so it lies flat.
- Insert pins around front outside edge of star about 1/2” apart. Insert pins around front outside edge of foam sheet about 1/2” apart.
- Tie one end of metallic yarn to pin and begin stringing from outside edge to star and back to outside edge. Make starburst pattern around star from pin to pin. Wrap several wraps of yarn on one pin to keep angles. Alternate metallic yarn with eyelash yarn to create interesting look.
- Tie end of eyelash yarn to one corner of sheet. Wrap around next pin and then next to outline entire foam sheet. Repeat step to outline star.
- Adhere 9” square of champagne satin fabric to back of foam sheet, showing through star opening.
- 1. Experiment with cool tones of silver, blue, and purple yarn for a different look.