Black Cat Porch Greeter
- Clay pots: 1-1/2”, two; 6”, 10”
- Wooden items: ball knob, 1-1/4”; medium flat circles, two; XXL flat circle
- Purple craft foam
- Assorted rhinestone stars, 1/2”, 10
- Toner Plastics Fun Wire, 22-gauge: Licorice, 21” length; Icy Pink Lemonade, 1-1/2” length
- Orange metal pumpkin jingle bell, 1-3/4”
- Crimping tool, wire cutters, drill with 1/8” bit
- DecoArt Patio Paint Outdoor Acrylic Paints: Cloud White, Sunshine Yellow, Geranium Red, Wrought Iron Black
- Beacon Adhesives: Glass, Metal & More Glue; Kid’s Choice! Glue
paper, pencil, scissors, pinking shears, ruler, white transfer paper, paintbrush, stencil brush, paper plate (for palette), paper towels, spring clothespins, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Print and cut out patterns from paper.
- Turn open end of 6” pot (head) and 1-1/2” pots (ears) onto work surface. Use metal glue to adhere XXL circle to top of head, medium circles to top of ears, and ears to top of head.
- (Note: Allow paint to dry between coats and color changes. Apply additional coats as needed.) On covered work surface, paint head, ears, and 10” pot (body) Wrought Iron Black. Use transfer paper to trace face onto head and leg line and paws onto body (Note: Shiny side of transfer paper should touch surface; trace pattern lines over transfer paper.) Paint eyes Cloud White then Sunshine Yellow. Use Wrought Iron Black to paint center of eyes. Use end of paintbrush handle to highlight dot upper right corners of eye centers. For nose, mix equal amounts of Geranium Red, Sunshine Yellow, and Cloud White to paint ball knob. Use mixture to drybrush cheeks and front center of ears. (Note: To drybrush, dip stencil brush into paint, stroke on paper towel until almost dry, and brush surface in a circular motion.) Use Cloud White to drybrush and highlight top of cheeks. Mix equal amounts of Wrought Iron Black and Cloud White to drybrush leg line and paws; use liner brush to paint muzzle line, mouth, eyebrows, ear outlines, leg line, and paws. Let dry.
- Drill three holes into bottom of nose at each side. Cut six 3-1/2” lengths from Licorice wire. Crimp whiskers. Apply glue to one end of each whisker and insert into hole. Repeat for all whiskers. Use metal glue to adhere nose to head.
- For collar, use pinking shears to cut 1-1/2”x6-3/4” and 1-1/2”x14” strips from craft foam. Fold 14” strip in half and cut two 1/4”-long horizontal slits, 1/2” from edges. Wrap Icy Pink Lemonade wire around pencil, remove pencil, and thread jingle bell onto wire. Thread wire ends through collar slits; secure wire ends at back of collar. Center and adhere collar to rim at front of head; adhere remaining strip to back of rim. Use clothespins to secure collar pieces in place while drying. Adhere rhinestones to collar as desired.
- Apply metal glue to bottom inside rim of head and adhere to top of body.
- 1. Substitute orange jingle bell with flat wooden tag and kitty’s name.