Halloween Treat Pocket
- Thin chipboard
- Black felt
- Black leather lacing
- Orange/fuchsia double-faced satin ribbon
- Queen & Co. Halloween Spider Web Trendy Tape
- Natural excelsior (bag filler)
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shapers L Pillow Box with Labels Die
- Martha Stewart Crafts Jack O’ Lantern Punch
- Ranger Diane Reaveley Dylusions Spray Inks: Crushed Grape, Squeezed Orange
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko GooseBumps Clear Texture Spray
- Krylon Black Lava Spray Webbing
- Clear spray sealer
- Red liner tape, 1/4”
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, small hole punch, newspaper (to cover work surface), paper towels
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, die cut pillow box from chipboard; do not assemble.
- On newspaper-covered surface, spray one entire side of pocket with orange and purple spray inks. Spray orange, then purple, blending colors as desired. Let dry completely. Spray with sealer; let dry.
- Lightly spray inked side of pillow box shape with spray webbing; let dry. Lightly spray same surface with texture spray; let dry.
- Using photo as guide, punch pumpkin face from center of what will become front side of treat pocket. Cut small piece of black felt; adhere behind face openings.
- Assemble pocket and adhere sides using red liner tape. Fold up bottom flaps; secure with piece of Halloween decorative tape.
- Punch small hole on each side of pocket. Cut length of leather lacing for handle to desired length. Insert ends through holes in pocket and knot to secure. Tie ribbon to handle.
- Fill pocket with excelsior, or as desired.
- 1. For a more playful look, omit spray webbing and back features with bright yellow felt instead of black. Add green curling ribbon “vine” to handle.