Birdhouse Ornament Trio
- Wooden pre-drilled birdhouses, 4” tall (Cabin Crafters), three
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Grey Sky; French Grey Blue; Sable Brown; Cashmere Beige; Dark Chocolate; Plantation Pine; Celery Green; Rookwood Red; Lamp Black; Light Buttermilk; Terra Cotta; Russet; Light Avocado; Black Plum; Antique Gold; Burnt Sienna; Buttermilk; Burnt Orange; Flesh Tone; Shading Flesh;
Toffee; Blue/Grey Mist
- String or ribbon (for hangers), 6-1/2” lengths, three
- Brushes: angular, 1/4”, 3/8”; round, #2; liner; small scruffy; small stencil
- Matte sealer
- Birds basecoat stencil (The Creative Coach)
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- 1. Paint birdhouses Grey Sky; shade French Grey Blue. Paint roofs Sable Brown, highlight Cashmere Beige and shade Dark Chocolate. Paint pine bough stems Sable Brown, and needles Plantation Pine and Celery Green. Dot berries Rookwood Red. Paint hole Lamp Black; highlight Light Buttermilk. Trace and cut out patterns on page 128. Transfer designs to birdhouses.
- 2. Paint gingerbread Terra Cotta; shade Russet. Paint scarf Light Avocado, highlight Celery Green and shade Plantation Pine. Stencil bird, line scarf and dry brush cheeks Rookwood Red.
Shade bottom of bird and paint wing Black Plum. Paint beak Antique Gold. Dot eyes Lamp Black. Paint frosting lines and dot eyes and cheeks Light Buttermilk. Paint nose Burnt Sienna. Draw mouth with marker.
- 1. Paint snowman Buttermilk, highlight Light Buttermilk and shade Cashmere Beige. Paint scarf and hatband, stencil bird and dry brush cheeks Rookwood Red.
Highlight scarf and top of hatband Fiery
Red. Shade hatband, scarf, bottom of bird, and paint wing Black Plum. Paint beak Antique Gold. Dot scarf Light Avocado. Paint nose Burnt Orange; shade Russet. Paint hat, eyes and buttons Lamp Black. Dot eyes and cheeks Light Buttermilk. Use marker to line nose and mouth.
- 1. Paint hat and coat Rookwood Red, highlight Fiery Red and shade Black Plum. Paint hat cuff and pompom Toffee,
highlight Light Buttermilk and shade Sable Brown. Paint face Flesh Tone; shade face and paint nose Shading Flesh. Dry brush cheeks Rookwood Red.
Paint beard Buttermilk; shade Cashmere
Beige. Highlight bottom of beard and
paint mustache Light Buttermilk. Stencil
bird and dot eyes and buttons Lamp
Black. Shade bird and paint wing Blue/Grey Mist. Line eyebrows and dot eyes and cheeks Light Buttermilk.
- 1. Apply sealer. Thread string or ribbon
though hole and knot ends.
Birdhouse Ornament Trio