Christmas Birdhouse Pocket Ornament
- Ecru 14-count Aida Cloth (DMC), 7”x7”
- Red felt, 5-1/2”x1-1/2”
- 6-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on key (DMC)
- #4 Very Fine Braid in colors
listed on key (Kreinik)
- Green grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”-wide, 1/4 yd.
- Fusible adhesive, 1/2”x5-3/4”, two;
- Assorted buttons, 3/4”, four
- Pinking shears
- Tapestry needle, #24 (DMC)
- Adhesives: fabric; jewelry
- To find center of Aida cloth, fold in half and in half again opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- Use two strands of floss and one strand of braid to cross stitch design centered on Aida cloth.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply fusible adhesive to wrong side of Aida cloth. Use pinking shears to trim
Aida cloth to 4” from edge of stitching along both sides, top and bottom.
- Fold felt in half; press. Sandwich 1/2”-wide length of fusible adhesive between felt along side edges. Fuse in place to form pocket.
- Fuse Aida cloth center on front of pocket.
- Glue ribbon ends to top front corners of pocket at either side for hanging loop.
- Thread six strand of green floss through
buttons and knot. Glue buttons over cut ribbon ends and at bottom corners.