- STYROFOAM brand foam* Cube (Dow), 5”
- Bird images, 3-1/2”x4”, four
- Brown corrugated cardboard, 4-1/2”x5”, four
- Natural handmade or texture paper
- Silk/artificial flowers: purple thistle stems, six; white daisies with leaves, three; mini eucalyptus stem; purple wildflower or lace cap hydrangea stems, three; dark green moss
- Bird’s nest with eggs, 5”
- Low-temperature hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Floral shears
- Mono Aqua Glue (Tombow)
- Glue Dots (Glue Dots International)
- Floral pins
- Cover sides of STYROFOAM brand foam cube with handmade or textured paper.
- Trim cardboard and bird images to fit sides of cube. Use glue dots to adhere cardboard panels to cube and bird images to cardboard panels.
- Hot glue moss to top of cube.
- Pin and hot glue nest to top edge of cube.
- Trim purple wildflower or hydrangea stems between 5” and 6” long. Use photo as guide to position stems around back and sides of bird’s nest.
- Trim leaves from daisy stems. Trim daisy stems between 6” and 9” long and arrange them in a triangle behind wildflowers or hydrangea.
- Position daisy leaves around nest.
- Trim thistle and eucalyptus stems
between 6” and 13” long and insert them between daisies and around and behind nest.
- Reposition stems and leaves as desired and use hot glue to secure them to top of cube.