Vintage~Modern: Vintage Plate Frames
- Vintage plates and saucers
- Decorative cardstock
- Bird & Nest Stickers (Cavallini & Co.)
- Carte Postale Bird & Nest Postcards
(Cavallini & Co.)
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint (Plaid): Metallic Inca Gold
- Assorted buttons
- Wire, 18-gauge
- Templates: circle; oval
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Stencil brush
- All Night Media Pop Dots (Plaid), 1/2”
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Glass, Metal and More Glue (Beacon
- Wire cutters
- Clean plate with soap and water.
- Adhere bird sticker to decorative cardstock. Place circle or oval template over sticker and lightly trace with pencil. Repeat with postcard images, using paper glue to adhere them to cardstock.
- Use scallopedge scissors to cut along traced lines.
- Use Pop Dots to layer bird images onto
- Use Pop Dots to adhere matted image to plate. Adhere buttons to cardstock if desired.
- Turn plate over. Cut 2” length from wire. Bend wire around pencils to create hanger. Apply generous amount of Glass, Metal and More adhesive
to back of plate. Place hanger into
adhesive. Let dry for 24 hours.
- 1. To make a template of inside of plate, simply press computer paper onto center of plate and press with a finger. Remove paper and carefully cut on impressed line with scissors. Use this as the template to cut background
papers for each plate.
- 2. This technique would also be a great way to display family photos.
- 3. If needed, apply a finished edge to plates with gold metallic paint applied with a stencil brush.
Vintage Plate Frames