Road Trip Key Box & Card
- Wooden box, 2-3/8”x3-1/4”x5”
- Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Very Vanilla; Basic Black; Baja Breeze; Riding Hood Red
- Transportation-themed stamps: motorcycle, gas pump, road map, road sign, sentiment
- Ranger Ink pads: Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress in Faded Jeans, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot
- Ranger Adirondack Red Pepper Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Artist’s gesso
- Inkssentials tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Ranger Foam Blending Tool
- Paper adhesive
paper trimmer, paintbrush
- 1. Sizes: box, 2-3/8”x3-1/4”x5”; card, 5-1/2"x4-1/4"
- 1. Make 5-1/2"x4-1/4" black top-fold card. Cut smaller red panel; adhere to card front.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2"x3-3/4" cream panel; randomly stamp panel with Faded Jeans map image. Stamp Aged Mahogany road sign over map background. Blend Aged Mahogany ink around panel edges with blending tool; repeat with Black Soot ink. Mat panel on black cardstock; adhere to right side of card as shown.
- 3. Stamp Jet Black motorcycle and sentiment on cream panel cut to size; let dry. Blend Black Soot ink around panel edges; mat on black cardstock. Mat again on Baja Breeze cardstock; ink edges Black Soot. Adhere to card.
- 1. Remove hardware from box. Using blending tool, apply gesso to box; let
dry. Paint box Red Pepper; let dry. Use
blending tool to ink box edges Black
Soot. Stamp Jet Black images onto
outside of box as desired.
- 2. Cut two cream panels to fit outside and inside of lid. Follow Card Step 2 to stamp panels. Mat panels on black cardstock and adhere to box surfaces.
- 3. Stamp “Road Trip” or desired sentiment and motorcycle image on cream cardstock and cut to size. Blend Black Soot ink around edges; mat on black cardstock. Adhere to stamped background panels.
- 4. Replace box hardware. If desired, line bottom of box with piece of black cardstock cut to size.
- 1. For a different look, repurpose a map from an old atlas to use in place of stamping the background panels.