Candy Corn Wind Chime
- White craft foam, 1/4” thick, 9”x12” sheet
- Wind chimes, 6” long
- Wooden mushroom plug, 1/2” diameter
- Elastic string
- Plastic-canvas needle
- Zig Woodcraft Markers, 6mm: Pumpkin, Yellow, Teal Metallic; 0.5 mm, Black
- White acrylic paint
- Transfer paper
scissors, pencil, ruler, wax paper (to cover work surface), small round paintbrush
- Print and cut out pattern, cutting along dashed line. Omitting face and chime-placement dots, trace pattern onto craft foam; cut out.
- On covered work surface, use Yellow marker to fill in front and edges of center section of craft foam. Let dry thoroughly to prevent smudging. Fill in bottom section with Pumpkin marker; let dry.
- Transfer facial details and chime placement dots to front of candy corn. Color pupils Teal Metallic and tongue Black. Use Pumpkin marker to color nose; let dry. When dry, adhere nose to face.
- With white paint, fill in remaining eye areas, make highlight dot in each eye, and comma highlight on tongue and across top of nose.
- Use Black marker to draw stitch lines around top edge of candy corn and across top and bottom edges of center section.
- To attach chimes, cut four 8” lengths from elastic. Thread needle with one elastic length; do not knot ends. (See Fig. 1.) Working from back, insert needle through one chime-placement dot, then through holes in one chime; reinsert needle back through same hole. Remove needle; pull elastic so ends are even at back. Do not tie ends together. Attach remaining chimes in the same way. Holding all elastic ends together, tie ends together in an overhand knot.
- For hanger, cut an 8” length from elastic. Thread needle with elastic; do not knot ends. Insert needle 1/4” from center top of candy corn. Remove needle, leaving one end of elastic in hole; pull elastic so ends are even at back. Tie ends together in knot.