Warm Wishes Card
- Hot Off The Press Paper: Red Fireworks Holographic Paper, Black Suede
- Hot Off The Press White Cards & Envelopes
- Cardstock: white, black
- White grosgrain ribbon
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System
- Hot Off The Press Snowflakes Embossing Folder
- Hot Off The Press Snow Bird Small Stamp (for the greeting)
- Hot Off The Press White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- Stampendous! Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad
- Brayer (optional)
- Heat tool
- Adhesives: foam tape, glue stick, Therm O Web Zots Adhesive Dots
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Cut 5”x6-1/2” Black Suede paper panel for side-fold card; adhere to card front.
- 2. Following manufacturer’s instructions, cut and place 4-1/2"x6" black cardstock panel inside the Snowflakes Embossing Folder and run through die-cutting machine. Trim embossed cardstock to 4"x5-1/2".
- 3. Ink brayer with VersaMark ink by rolling it across pad until covered. (Note: You may also carefully ink the raised surface using the ink pad itself.) Very lightly roll brayer over embossed cardstock. Dust with White embossing powder, tap off excess, and heat set. Apply VersaMark ink again with brayer, dust with Kaleidoscope embossing powder, and re-heat to set. Mat panel on white cardstock with 1/16" border and adhere to card center.
- 4. Use the Snowflakes Embossing Folder to emboss 3-1/2"x3-1/2" Red Fireworks holographic paper and use method in Step 3 to heat emboss. Mat on Black Suede paper, then on white cardstock with 1/16" borders and adhere on left of card front as shown.
- 5. Stamp and emboss "Warm WISHES" sentiment and snowflake onto 2-1/4"x5/8" black cardstock strip using Snow Bird Small Stamp. Mat on white cardstock, then on Black Suede paper with 1/16" borders. Adhere to card as shown using foam tape.
- 6. Adhere grosgrain ribbon on opposite corners of card front, tucking ends under Black Suede layer as shown. Tie grosgrain ribbon bow and adhere to upper ribbon using adhesive dot; cut ends in "V" as shown.
- 7. See the Embossing Folders free webisode at PaperWishes.com to see the inside of this card. It will air Oct. 9.
- 1. Very lightly rub the VersaMark ink pad over embossed designs to create tone-on-tone effects; create more vibrant results, as shown here, using layered embossing powders.