Spring Medley Garden Boots
- Old rain boots
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint (Duncan):
Sunshine Yellow; Azalea; Petal Pink; Grape; Lime; Holiday Green; Glacier White; Ebony
- Paintbrushes: round, #6; liner, #1
- Spray sealer
- Craft sponge
- 1. For best results, read manufacturer’s instructions before beginning project. Use photo as design placement guide. Let paint dry between coats. Tulip Soft Fabric Paint works on most vinyl rain boots.
- 1. Use damp sponge or rag to wipe boots clean. Let dry.
- 2. Sponge paint boots Glacier White. Let dry and pounce on a second coat.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer
floral and butterfly pattern (except
leaves and stem) onto boot.
- 4. Use round brush to paint petals of flowers on toes of boots Azalea. Add several Petal Pink strokes in each petal and add some Grape-colors lines on inner part of petals. Paint flower center Sunshine Yellow and dot Azalea in
center. Apply Ebony paint to outer areas
of Sunshine Yellow center.
- 5. Paint monarch butterfly Mandarin Orange. Let dry. Use liner to paint body, antennae and wings Ebony. Add yellow strokes in orange wing sections if desired. Use liner and Glacier White to detail butterfly with small dots on body and around wings. (Note: Dip paintbrush handle end into paint and top onto wings and body for dots if desired.)
- 6. For pink butterfly, paint with mix Azalea with Petal Pink Paint. Detail with Ebony and add small white dots on edges of wings.
- 7. For large flower on each boot, paint
Mandarin Orange. Brush in details with
Azalea and highlights with Sunshine
Yellow. Paint center Ebony with dots of
- 8. For smaller yellow flowers, paint petals Sunshine Yellow/ Mix small
amount of Holiday Green with Orange
and paint several detail lines in petals. Highlight with Glacier White. Let dry.
- 9. Paint Lime around butterflies and
flowers and sponge in remaining
- 10. Transfer leaf pattern.
- 11. Use liner to paint stems Holiday Green. Use round brush to paint one-stroke leaves. Mix a little Ebony paint with Holiday Green for dk. green; paint mixture along one side of leaves, followed by a thin line of Ebony
down center for vein.
- 12. Mix Holiday Green with a touch of Ebony; paint soles.
- 13. Apply sealer.
- 1. Reuse patterns for coordinating flowerpots, patio furniture and more.