Quick-to-Stitch Heart Pin
- DMC White 14-count Aida Cloth*
- DMC Color Variations Pearl Cotton: 5 Color (#4180)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Blanc; 310; 604
- DMC Memory Thread: Pink (#6130), 7" length; Black (#6020), 3-1/2" length; White (#6050), 16" length
- Pin back, 1-1/4" long
- DMC Embroidery Scissors
- DMC Tapestry Needles: #18; #22; #26
- Quick-drying clear glue
- Follow chart. Use #22 tapestry needle to half-stitch heart with Pearl Cotton. Secure and clip ends on back.
- Following diagram, insert #18 tapestry needle into fabric hole where Memory Thread will enter for each area where thread is to be applied. Wiggle to enlarge holes needed. Staring with "XO", insert 1" lengths of Black Memory Thread into indicated areas, and cross to make an "X". Make "O" with 1-1/2" length of Black Memory Thread, insert ends onto backside and secure ends with 1-ply black embroidery floss. Clip excess Memory Thread on backside. Place 7" length of Pink Memory Thread around perimeter of heart and couch into place with 1-ply 604 floss. Secure ends on backside and clip excess threads. To make lace trim, hold 16" length of White Memory Thread in your hands and form it into small zigzag scallops. When trim is finished, form it around the outside edge of heart shape and couch the scalloped edges into place with one strand of Blanc floss. When trim ends meet, overlap threads slightly and clip ends. Secure floss on backside.
- Cut out heart, leaving 1/8" fabric around perimeter. Do not cut lace trim.
- To prevent fabric from fraying, apply a small amount of glue to outside edge, using #18 needle as an application tool. Let dry. Glue pin back to back of stitched heart. Let dry.