Heart of Hope Necklace
- Wichelt Imports 25-count Antique White Jobelan
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Cranberry-LT (604), Cranberry (603)
- The Gentle Art Bubblegum Sampler Thread (0790)
- Pink backing fabric, 5”x5”
- Pres-On Mounting Boards: Foam, Flat
- Batting, 2”x2”
- Mill Hill White Petite Glass Beads (40479)
- Just Another Button Company Perfect Pink Heart Buttons (3488), two
- Pink Organza Cord Necklace, Glue-On Square Bail (Oliviapearldesigns.com)
scissors, ruler, needle, q-snap or hoop (optional)
- Access cross-stitch chart by selecting the info button near the main image, then select the cross-stitch icon. Backstitch design centered on fabric over two strands using two strands of DMC 604 Cranberry-LT.
- Stitch center Rhodes Heart using two strands GA 0790 Bubblegum with darkest dyed area of floss. Stitch smaller Rhodes Hearts using two strands GA 0790 Bubblegum with lightest dyed area of floss.
- Attach Pink Heart buttons on angle and White seed beads as shown on chart using DMC 604 Cranberry-LT. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Print out pattern onto copy paper; cut out. Trace and cut heart shape from foam and flat mounting boards.
- Trim around stitched design leaving 3” border. Position batting on top of foam board. Ease design fabric to back side of board; adhere in place using fabric glue. Trim design fabric if needed. Position square bail on top edge of boards, so square is sandwiched between boards. Adhere boards together using fabric glue. Let dry.
- Trace around heart design on backing fabric; cut out. Adhere backing fabric onto back of design using fabric glue. Let dry.
- Twist DMC 603 Cranberry and DMC 604 Cranberry-LT together. Adhere cording around edges of design, covering glued seam. Cut ends. Let set overnight.
- Attach square bail onto ribbon necklace.
- 1. When using over-dyed floss, pay attention to the color change as you stitch to ensure a pleasing color combination.