Journey Hope Faith Pillow
- Fairfield Processing Home Elegance Pillow Insert, 12”x16”
- Natural burlap, 1/3 yd.
- Avery T-shirt Transfers for Light Colored Fabrics
- Blumenthal Lansing LeBoutin Jewelry Button (611006104)
- Offray Light Pink Satin Ribbon, 7/8”-wide, 7” length
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing needle and white thread
- Computer, photo-editing software, inkjet printer
scissors, iron and pressing surface, towel
- Use rotary cutter and mat to cut two 13"x17" rectangles from burlap.
- Use computer and photo-editing software to type “journey,” “hope,” and “faith” in font of choice. Make sure letters are flipped horizontally and sized appropriately before printing. (Note: Designer used Microsoft Paint to type letters in Times New Roman font and inserted as image into Word document. Image was flipped horizontally and resized to fit pillow.)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print images on t-shirt transfer paper using inkjet printer. Cut out words with scissors leaving 1/4” border around all sides. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse words onto one burlap rectangle using iron and photo as guide. Peel away backing paper when cool.
- Cut 7” ribbon length. Fork ends with scissors. Form ribbon into folded shape as shown. Thread sewing needle with thread; hand-sew ribbon center onto pillow. Attach button on center of ribbon. Knot and clip thread ends.
- Place burlap rectangles with right sides together. Hand-sew along edges with 1/2” seam allowance, leaving bottom edge open. Turn right side out. Insert pillow form. Whipstitch bottom edge closed using needle and thread. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 1. Personalize with recipient’s name and gift as a support present for treatments or doctor’s visits.