Wings of Love Ornament
- Retro Café Art Gallery Coffee Break Designs Winged Ornament
- Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces Metal Foil Tape Sheets
- Cardstock, scraps: white, plum
- Michaels Bead Landing Found Objects Wing Charm
- Plum satin ribbon
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz Bird #2 Die with Bonus Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#657361)
- Computer and printer
- White acrylic paint
- Marvy Uchida Liquid Appliqué 3-D Paint
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Cranberry, Wild Plum
- Spray sealer
- Liquid glue
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrush, heat tool, fork, wax paper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, basecoat both ornament pieces, including edges, with white acrylic paint; let dry.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions, paint wings only with Liquid Appliqué. While paint is still wet, rake fork through paint from center out to tip to create texture. Let dry completely. Repeat on back side of wings; let dry completely.
- Trace extra ornament heart twice onto foil tape sheet; cut out. Emboss hearts using embossing folder, varying cut-out placement inside folder to create unique design on each heart.
- Use paintbrush to color hearts with alcohol inks; let dry. Spray hearts with sealer; let dry.
- Using heat tool, gently heat wings until paint is soft and suede-like; paint will puff slightly as it reacts with heat.
- Using liquid glue, adhere foil hearts to ornament hearts. Adhere second heart to back of ornament.
- Cut ribbon length for hanger and knot ends through holes in ornament, adding charm to one end.
- Use computer to create sentiment on white cardstock; trim and mat on plum cardstock. Adhere sentiment to ornament as shown.
- 1. Gently heat Liquid Appliqué 3-D Paint with heat tool to create raised appearance.