QC: Photo Gifts
- Photos of your Garden
- Patterned Paper (Note: Designer
used Blue Stripe (Little Yellow Bicycle) and Cupcake Surprise (Basic Grey)
- Flower seeds that coordinate with picture
- Bare Elements Tacks (Creative Imaginations)
- Computer & Printer
- Paper Shapers 1” Circle Punch (EK Success)
- Aleene’s Platinum Bond 7800 All-Purpose Adhesive (Duncan)
- Turn glorious garden photos into useful works of art! Designer and photographer Kathleen Paneitz shares two creative photo gift ideas, so here’s a perfect excuse to take photos of your favorite blooms. If you don’t have your own garden, then head to your local botanic garden or nursery.
- For customized photo seed packets, print and cut out seed packet pattern. Trace seed packet onto back of patterned paper. (Note: Designer used Blue Stripe (Little Yellow Bicycle) and Cupcake Surprise (Basic Grey) patterned papers. On computer, set up seed packet information as shown, then print onto patterned papers. (Note: Designer downloaded and used YoYo and High Tide fonts from 2 Peas in a Bucket (www.twopeasinabucket). After front of packet is printed, score along fold lines and assemble packet. Adhere flower photo to front of packet. Fill packets with seeds of coordinating flowers.
- For garden photo tacks, print garden
photos to 1-1/2”x2”. Use Paper Shapers
1” Circle Punch (EK Success) to punch out desired part of photo. Use Aleene’s Platinum Bond 7800 All-Purpose Adhesive (Duncan) to adhere photos to Bare Elements Tacks (Creative Imaginations). Apply epoxy circles (included with tack kit) over photos.